Sunday, August 19, 2012

I have a new respect for Arty McGoo and others who blog daily or nearly daily this is a lot of work. And since this is a new task for me I simply forget to check in often. I'll try harder.

A few weeks ago I took the kids to Oak Glen a charming little community about 20 minutes from Beaumont. I thought we were just going to escape the heat and visit  Moms Country Orchard for some fresh fruit and veggies.  However as drove up the canyon I was enchanted with the quaint village and its surrounding orchards and ranches. We discovered a quiet and friendly community and I felt I had stepped back in time.

At Moms Country Orchard we met Peter and his mom who graciously fed us samples of apples, nectarines and peaches. Christian, Austin, and Jonathan filled up on her cherries they thought they were free samples. Mom was generous with us and I was careful to purchase all the fruit the kids wanted. We stayed and visited for a long time. Pete shared a picture taken on his cell phone of a bear that had visited a nearby camp ground. I was on alert from then on. Mom suggested we visit the Oak Glen Schoolhouse Museum on our way back down to the valley.

oakglenca.com
momscountryorchards.com
http://www.rivcoparks.org/historic-sites/gilman/gilman-historic-ranch-and-wagon-museum-main-page/


No comments:

Post a Comment