Monday, August 6, 2012

How do you do it??

How do you young mothers, whom I admire so much, keep up with all of your responsibilities of raising children, keeping house, volunteering in school and/or the community, romancing your sweetheart, and often times working outside the home, AND maintain an interesting and fun blog? How do you juggle your energies and time to make it look so easy?

I ask because I am tired. By the end of my day I am either looking for a major diversion out of the house, or an escape into a good book or movie, or my jammies and pillow.  I'm still finding my daily routine. One that includes calmly reminding the grandkids about what their parents' expectations are for the day; keeping my laundry done up; and finding ways to contribute to the upkeep of the household chores. This is not as easy as I thought it would be. I really want to be the kind of grammy that bakes cookies for the classrooms; mends the kids clothes; keeps up with their activities and homework. But I often find myself sitting in a corner, in my favorite comfy chair, watching their antics like the proverbial fly-on-the-wall. After a full day of observing the abundance of energy exuded from 3 young boys ages 4 - 8 I'm exhausted. (Their two sisters ages 10 & 12 are docile in comparison. wink wink.)

My question is rhetorical, sort of. I get how you are able to get the things done that you do. You are young and full of your own energy.  I was there once.  It was great fun and I loved every minute of being a mom and filling my days, and sometimes my nights, full of adventures; always on the go.  You are amazing women jugglers of stuff.

Seriously. Please share with me. What does your typical day look like? How do you manage your time and resources, including your money? Do you make lists and schedules? Do you assign daily chores? Do you hire help with the kids, housework, cooking, blogging, etc? What are you willing to let slide and for how long? How do you assign priorities? With all you do for your family and followers, what are you doing to pamper yourself?

C'mon tell Grammy Nanny how you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment