Thursday, June 28, 2012







                                                                                        Red Jello Smoothie

I needed something cool and yummy and sweet to feed the kids while they took a break from pool play. I wanted it to be more filling than the icy pops they'd been sucking down for the last two hours. No ice cream in the freezer.  No frozen fruit. No fresh fruit. So, I had to raid the food storage. Here's what I came up with. You've probably seen a recipe like this one somewhere else. I haven't, so to me this is an original.

Red Jello Smoothies
Prepare the jello recipe using only 1/2 the water. Set it aside until it cools off. It should still be liquid when making the smoothie.

In the canister of my blender -- I have a Vita Mix
I filled it 1/2 full with ice
sprinkled 1/3 cup of strawberry flavored dehydrated apple bits
1 cup milk cold
1/4 c cool whip
fill the top 1/2 of the canister with ice
pour 2 cups cooled liquid jello over the ice and blend until thick and frothy.

Serve it up. Its thick enough to eat with a spoon. The kids loved it so much that I think I'll experiment with other flavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment