Saturday, May 25, 2013

AT THE RANCH FOR A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

April is a big month for birthdays in our family.  Both my boys were born in April, a granddaughter, my Dad Wayne, and bio-dad Neil, and the list keeps growing.  One weekend we went to Bakersfield to celebrate the big brother and the next weekend we went to the ranch to celebrate with the little brother (who is really the bigger brother.)

Joseph and Racheal purchased two horses. We secured a grazing lease agreement with a cattle owner so we now have cattle grazing.  With the chickens, rabbit, dog, and now I hear they have Kittens. Its beginning to look like a real ranch.  Still no crops in the ground but that will come in time.

I remembered to take my good camera with me this trip and got some good shots of the kids riding the horses for the first time ever.






She took to riding right away.  She may be a natural horsewoman.




This was a double rainbow taken south east of the ranch. I
 took it with my phone, not too bad.

This bunny is named Speed Bump.
Something about the black markings reminded the namer of a road.

First calf born on the BarBH.  Not one of ours.
It belongs to the family that is grazing his herd. 

Joseph's art work for our brand design.
Still a work in progress. I am close though.
Very close to making a decision.

No pictures of the party.  I was able to visit with my dear friends, eat good food, and completely relax.  One of the closest places to heaven that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment