Friday, June 8, 2012

Nearly six months as Grammy Nanny

It's hard to believe that nearly six months has passed as a Grammy Nanny. In some ways its been the toughest 6 months of my life. I have to admit I have grown old and stodgy. Yikes. Overall, I am where I want to be and am loving every minute. My favorite times are when I am tutored by all 5 children on the rules of the house. A couple off the top of my head--Jonathan age 4 decided it would be a great thing to sleep with Grammy. He had a bad cough and kept me awake most of the night. About 3:00 a.m. I decided to open my laptop and do some indexing and pinterest-ing and trying to figure out how to design a cute blog page (as you can see I am still working on the latter.) At 5:00ish Jonathan lifted his head up and sleepily asked if it was morning. "Yes," I answered, "but it is still dark outside."

"Did you know its a rule that we can't get up until Samantha's alarm goes off and it is light outside?" He stated it simply and rolled over and went back to sleep. Seriously, I considered for just a split-second, turning off the bedside lamp because Samantha's alarm hadn't gone off. (Jonathan pronounces most words that start with "a" like "alarm" is E-larm.

Whenever I am about to receive a tutorial on preferred behavior or task to be done he prefaces it with, "Did you know?" Come to think of it all the kids do.

At this writing, I'm in Paso Robles, Ca, visiting my son Joseph and his cute little family. My Nanny duties are temporarily suspended while Chris is on leave for a couple of weeks. It seemed like a good thing to touch base with the other grandkids and to get some "r & r" of my own. I am on my way Sunday to Bakersfield for a few days to visit with Clint's family.

I am signing off for now. Check back later for the latest shenanigans of the kids, and my own discoveries and musings.

Love the Grammy Nanny

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are blogging again, just yesterday I went to Dark Skies and Silver Linings and it was gone! Thank you for this. Your observations and wisdom are so valuable, interesting and funny! Kevin saw you at Stake Conf. on Sunday but we couldn't find you when it was over. Miss you...

    ReplyDelete